Mon., Wed., Thu., and Fri. 7:45 a.m. – 2:05 p.m.
Tuesdays 7:45 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.
- Come to school every day unless you are ill.
- Bring a parent note to school after you are absent.
- Do not arrive at school before 6:45 a.m. There is no supervision!
- Be on time and in line at 7:40 a.m.
- A student is considered tardy after 7:45 a.m.
- Family trips should be planned during school vacations.
Student Emergency Information
Fill out the Student Emergency Information with complete and accurate information, taking special time for the emergency names and phone numbers of any person who will be responsible for taking care of your child should become ill during a time when you cannot be reached. If any information on this card changes throughout the year, notify the school office at once.
Picking Up Students During School Hours
It is very important that all students remain in school every day. Please try to schedule all appointments after school hours. In the event that it is absolutely necessary for you to pick up your child prior to his/her regular dismissal time, please do not go to the classroom. Come to the office to sign out your child. He/she will then be called from the classroom to meet you in the office.
Student Discipline Procedures
- Classroom discipline and reinforcement programs are implemented by teachers.
- Schoolwide procedures include warnings, discipline tickets, and discipline forms.
- As necessary, parents will be contacted by phone, in writing, and/or in person.
- Student Discipline Forms are used for consistent, repeated or severe offenses and are handled with assistance from the administrative staff.
- Special circumstances will be handled by administrators for the following offenses: severe fighting, stealing leaving school grounds without permission, vandalism, property damage, and possession of dangerous objects or toy weapons.
- Enter and leave assemblies quietly and in line.
- Listen to information and follow instructions.
- Demonstrate respect and courtesy to presenters and members of the audience.
- Applaud to show appreciation and approval.
Our school has a mandatory uniform policy.
The uniform consists of :
- San Juan School Spirit Wear with the school logo
- Solid red or white shirts or blouses with no designs(must have a collar)
- Solid navy blue pants, shorts, skirts, or jumpers with no designs (not denim)
- Solid red or blue sweatshirts or sweaters with no designs.
- ON FRIDAYS: Sweatshirts with a college or a university logo
The following items are NOT ACCEPTABLE school attire:
- Short shorts or skirts, bare midriff, off-the-shoulder tops or swimsuits.
- Flip flops or sandals without back straps.
- Excessive jewelry, long earrings, or makeup (lipstick, eye shadow, mascara or blush).
- Oversized, “baggy” clothing and garments with inappropriate letters or drawings.
- Hats of any sort unless prescribed by a doctor.
- Clothing that restricts movement for classroom and physical education activities.
- Temporary tattoos or pen marks on the body.
- Hair dye that is of an unnatural color or excessive gel on hair.
- Acrylic or glue-on nails.
Children wearing any of the above mentioned items will be counseled by the staff and may be sent to the office to call home for a change in clothing. Repeated incidents will result in suspension from school.